Friday, February 12, 2010

When on birth control pills. How many years is it okay to stay on the pill, before you will need a break?

I've heard you shouldn't stay on the pill over a certain amount of years, because it puts you at higher risk for certain types of cancer. I've been on seasonale for two years, since I've had my son two years ago.When on birth control pills. How many years is it okay to stay on the pill, before you will need a break?
I've been on either the pill or shot for about 25 years almost non-stop (except for getting pregnant with my son and post-partum...and one horrible 6 month long experiment with an IUD).





In the old days it was recommended that women take a ';break'; every 5 years or so; these days with the super-low doses of hormones it is completely unnecessary to do so.





The biggest risk is breast cancer, but even that risk is only SLIGHTLY elevated. And the risk of other types of cancers is actually REDUCED for as long as you're on the pill. These types would include endometrial, uterine, and ovarian cancers. There is also a benefit of having fewer ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids while on the pill.When on birth control pills. How many years is it okay to stay on the pill, before you will need a break?
I was on birth control for 4 years then i had my son then back on them for 2 more years. I asked my doctor how long people could be on birth control and he said forever if you wanted to. So i think everything is ok. My doctor is really good i trust what he says.
You can be on the pill for many years before you need to stop. Usually it is recommended if you smoke that you don't take the pill after the age of 35. If you don't smoke you can take the pill into your 40's.
Good question. I was on bc pills for 6 years. I am now giving my body a break. I also worry about the cancer risk. I think that noone knows the answer yet. When our generation is older, we will find out.
This would be a great question for your doctor, since they probably have access to the most up-to-date studies about this particular topic!
Better stop taking pills.


For temporary measures its ok.


Other safe sex methods r better ,such as Condoms etc.,


So, pl take care of health.
  • hair cut styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment