Friday, February 12, 2010

How do you control your impulses at work?

I have trouble controlling what I say and do at work. I work in a professional area, but when I speak, I tend to be too relaxed, and also tend to speak before I think of what I am saying. I don't believe I am going too far, but am concerned that I may one day. I love my job, but for a couple weeks now, I have been acting a little too relaxed, and have been acting very immature. I do have bipolar disorder, but I do not believe that I am in a manic phase. My area looks to me for answers, and I am very knowledgeable, but I am afraid that I will lose credabilty if I do not clean up my act. Any suggestions on self control would be appreciated. Thank you.How do you control your impulses at work?
You can still be credible and relaxed...and it makes you cooler.. but just know where the line is and don't cross it...in fact take a couple steps away sometimes....know when to be proffessional and when to be relaxed.How do you control your impulses at work?
This worked for me: I made it a point, just before bedtime, to recall the scenarios of that day that caused me problems. I rehearsed the whole scenario again, doing and saying and feeling the way I knew would be appropriate for good results all the way around. I was amazed that this had a positive and lasting effect on checking my behavior for appropriateness and best results. Good luck!
Try counting to four or five at a slow pace in your mind before you say anything. Take a couple steadying breaths to help you focus too, and then when you feel your center of balance beginning to return, then respond verbally.





It's okay to be relaxed %26amp; it often helps in the work place, but if you've got people looking to you for answers, then you'll have to maintain this harmony.





Also make a mental mantra that you can repeat to yourself. Something personal that is positive. Like: ';I can do this.'; Or: ';Piece of cake.'; Or: ';Easy does it.'; Whatever it is, keep it simple and short %26amp; it will eventually it will help program this into a belief as your brain waves alter.
i give into them
Sounds like you need an overall attitude adjustment. There's no magic fix, you just need to get a grip and be the owner of your life. If you're too relaxed then tighten it up.





Speaking without thinking requires that you slow the hell down and think before you speak - every time. Don't be so eager to respond that you jam your foot in your mouth. What are you about to say? to whom? why? what are you responding to? and what are the likely consequences of saying it?





Understand that your job comes first, and your own self-image must take a back seat if you are to be successful.
wow, I have never had the problem of not thinking before I open my mouth...





I tend to be overly quiet instead, and make errors that way.





Are you a Sagittarius? If you don't despise astrology, I would encourage you to look into descriptions of your type and stop being so hard on yourself!
If i were you i would try to do math problems in your head or hum a few songs to yourself or like the other person said have an erotic daydream.
I think about nude women
It's called: Self Control... YOu can do it.
Do what my ';MOM'; always told me. Stop and think before you speak. It works most of the time. Good luck!
Before your lips open, rehearse the line once or twice in the back of your mind. Will it offend? Will it embarass? If so, revise it and speak clearly. Good luck with that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment