Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I control temperature on a charcoal grill?

I was wanting to know how much temperature each charcoal briquette produces and I was wondering about the how long to hold your hand over fire rule before you have to pull it away so that way I can try to control the temperature. I was going to grill some steaks next week that are about 3/4 in thick. How long should I cook the steaks on each side and should I cook them over indirect heat or direct heat?How do I control temperature on a charcoal grill?
answers to bbqing steaks are now up at http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com





It is summer and they love to have visitors at certified angus beef site. They have answers to temperature control of your grill, how long to cook the steaks as well as some really good marinades and side dishes you might want to try.





Enjoy your BBQ!How do I control temperature on a charcoal grill?
Steaks take direct heat. Good and hot. You should have enough coals to cover the grate one layer deep and start grilling when they are covered with a light layer of ash over the whole surface.





Time can depend on the temp the steaks are at as well as the coals' temp. 90 seconds on each side is a good average amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment