Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I control my heating gas bill, and make my house warmer?

As things stand now, I've resorted to turning on my heat no more than twice a day. Once in the morning, and once in the evening for about one to two hours each time. However this is hard to stick to because this winter has been unusually cold. What can I do?How can I control my heating gas bill, and make my house warmer?
IF YOU ARE LOW INCOME, CALL YOUR GAS COMPANY, THEY ALL HAVE SPECIAL PROGRAMS. i got on one, and my gas bill is $80 per month all year, they also insulated my house and replaced my furnace with a high efficiency one, all for free...they will help you...if you dont qualify, the keep you furnace around 68 all the time, you actually use more gas turning up and down or on and off, cause the furnace has to heat everything all the time...works to hard...How can I control my heating gas bill, and make my house warmer?
Set the thermostat at 60 and pile on the sweaters.





Insulate the house. Look for a reputable insulation company or contact your state energy department to see if they have a state program.
Keep your heat on low all day. It is more efficient than turning it off because your heater has to go through the extra effort of reheating your house from start. Also, control any drafts that may be in your house.
could also get a kerosene heater
I installed a couple ceiling fans to help out. And keep the heat on a steady temp all day. It costs more for your furnace to ';catch up'; than maintain a regular temp. The ceiling fans on reverse help bring the warm air down from the ceiling and dont cost much to run. putting rolled up towels in front of doors and drafty windowsills also are a good inexpensive cold air stopper.
  • hair cut styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment