Friday, February 12, 2010

How should I control my 2 1/2 year old when I go to the mall or when I visit family and friends?

My 2 1/2 year old gets so hyper when I visit my family and friends. He will behave very nicely at home and would follow the routine and every thing. When some one visit us or when we visit our family and / or friends he get very hyper and would not listen to me or his dad. What should I do to keep him occupy when we visit people. Is this a normal behaviour ?How should I control my 2 1/2 year old when I go to the mall or when I visit family and friends?
Whenever my brother and I would act up while being out, my dad would tell us ';if you keep doing that, I will embaress you';. So, naturally we kept doing it and then he would stop, announce to everybody else walking by that ';everybody look at these two silly children! Look how silly they are being! Aren't they emabressing?';. lol. That shut us upHow should I control my 2 1/2 year old when I go to the mall or when I visit family and friends?
You don't have to hit them or spank them. Lay down the rules before you leave. They get hyper because they get excited. If your time allows, try to do something that will work of their energy before they go into situations that make them hyper.


Also, it works for my son to have a special toy or game that he can only have and play with when there is company over or we go out. For him, it's the hand held leapster video game. It keeps him occupied, because it's something that he doesn't get everyday, and he's learning at the same time, they only sell educational games. And he won't have it enough for people to say that it's rotting his brain, since he only gets it when company is over, or when we're at someones house.


*i would also like to note that if we're at someone's house who has children, he does not get it, since they have toys there that are new to him to play with and keep him occupied.
Yes, this is normal behavior. My 25 month old does this as well. I usually tell him that he needs to ';be a nice boy'; ';use quiet voices'; and use the ';shh'; thing cuz he knows what that means. When we have company over and he wants to be involved in the action instead of going off and playing with toys or something I tell him specifically what he needs to do, such as ';sit on the couch, on your bottom'; when we are in a public place such as a mall I once again am very specific about my expectations such as ';hold daddy's hand and use an inside quiet voice';





keep it simple and direct. and compliment the good behavior, but ignore (if possible) the bad and punish him with a 2 min time-out on a quiet bench or corner of the room if his behavior is out of control. however I would warn him before he starts misbehaving that, that's the consequence for not following directions.
Your child is acting out because he wants attention! It is very normal for 2 1/2 year olds to act like this. If he starts to get too hyper sit down and just talk to him and let him know your listening/watching him (in a good way... make him feel important) make sure you keep your displine policy the same as when you are home alone. give him choices within limits. If he is misbehaving tell him ';You can chose to listen and we can... or you can continue to not listen and.... Make it REASONABLE! Most likely he is so excited that he can ';show off'; that it is the cause of him acting out... hope this helps!
make sure he is not eating any sugar/caffine products.





see to it that he is rested - nap.





hold him in your lap when visiting others or by the hand.





if your child does not have the opportunity to get into trouble then you will not be in the position of policing him.





just know that he is still a baby - hold him in your lap - and understand if you want an uninterrupted visit then you will have to get a baby sitter.
Spank him! It's the only thing that will work! Teach him that that behavior is unacceptable! It is dangerous when your children won't listen to you! What if one day he runs away from your grip and you say STOP, that could be the difference between life and death!
show her your authority. you dont have to spank her...just use a stern voice %26amp;%26amp; she should get the hint.if not time out or take a toy away.








if you have a second...can you PLEASE answer mine???


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
its called slapping the **** out of him. you can learn it from foreign parents. their kids are in line
It's called a spanking.
Tell her that she needs to be a big girl. Or maybe she can let you stop giving CHOCOLATE! You horrible mother!!!
spank her show her ur the alpha dog
Yes it is normal behavior for a brat who has parents without good, old fashioned parenting skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment