Monday, February 8, 2010

How can I control my exterior lights with a timer on a triple pole switch?

I want to control my front (recessed down lights on porch and front of house) lights, side (sconce) lights, and back porch (recessed down lights) on a timer. They are all florescent bulbs. Is there any way I can do this when some of them are on triple pole switches, where not all of the switches are for the outside lights? I know I can do the photocell, but it sounds way more complicated and I have no idea how to install this.How can I control my exterior lights with a timer on a triple pole switch?
I purchased and installed a switch from home depot that has a built in timer and even automatically adjusts for daylight savings time. Turns the lights on at dusk and off at dawn. It is an indoor switch to control my sconce lights outside. I am fairly sure it can be wired on a three way. It was as simple as installing any switch. A little tricky to program but I did it. Simply push the switch in to manually turn on or off the lights. Intermatic makes it.How can I control my exterior lights with a timer on a triple pole switch?
You might get lucky and see if they are all on the same breaker then just and a timer box beside the panel box. Other way is you have to find the first place the wire starts to feed the other ones and put your timer there.
the easiest way would be to put up motion sensors that would turn on automatically and will stay on if turn the light switch off then on again, they also come with dusk on timers etc. many choices

No comments:

Post a Comment