Friday, February 12, 2010

How do i control or greatly reduce the amount of dust that goes into my house?

I live on the side of a hill, if a wind or car passes by a huge cloud of dust forms. How can I keep this from affecting the inside of my house. Aside from the basics like, keeping windows/doors closed, what else can i do? Can I do something to the windows? I'm looking for something inexpensive too.How do i control or greatly reduce the amount of dust that goes into my house?
If you own it, plant some white pines next to the road. It will take about 5 years to make much a lot of difference but they work great. Until then you could oil the road, use used vegetable oil from McDonald's or Burger King..


They also make a sand flea screen. It is the tightest woven screen for windows, you would need to look for it through Lowe's online because I have not seen it anywhere except for the deep south. Sack cloth doesn't look good but is a cheap way of keeping that dust out as well. My grandmother also used cheese cloth. Again doesn't look the best but works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment