Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do birth control pills affect libido and arousal?

I am contemplating several different types of birth control, but I am wondering about the side effects caused by hormonal methods. There is no point in taking something that will screw with sex drive and comfort! Also, has anyone ever used the copper IUD with good or bad results?How do birth control pills affect libido and arousal?
They interfere in two ways:


1) they suppress ovarian function, which means your ovaries make less testosterone, and testosterone is what makes you horny.


2) oral estrogen in pills causes your liver to produce a substance, SHbG, that binds to testosterone and makes it unavailable to use. So even the reduced amount of testosterone in your body due to effect #1 can't be used.





These things are true for all oral birth control, and #1 is true for all hormonal birth controls.How do birth control pills affect libido and arousal?
This is pretty normal for birth control...I was in your same situation and tried everything to restore it. I switched pills a couple times and gave up, the libido was just not coming back. I then found a natural herbal enhancer that is supposed to increase your sex drive and a couple other things. It's called Hersolution gel, read up about it at herenhancement .com where I saved on it at the time. However it's like an instant libido rush and as I kept using it my sex drive was through the roof and continues to be. The sensation blast is great too, I can't tell you how many times I've had multiple orgasms when before I couldn't even get a single one. Theres also capsules you can take that I've heard are better but I don't like swallowing many pills throughout the day. I was skeptical at first but the return policy was so great that the company was offer. From what I remember you had to try it out for a couple months but then you had time afterwards to return it for a full money back if it didn't work. I didn't have that problem as you can see. Well good luck and I hope this helps.
You should know that taking oral contraceptives can increase your risk of breast cancer by 53% it's true if you haven't had your first child yet you can get breast cancer by taking the pill no matter what brand. Also this risk can occur starting at the age of 20. So if you haven't had your first child yet and you don't want to risk cancer stick to condoms or non oral birth control.





Just trying to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment