Friday, February 12, 2010

How can I control my emotions exam study time, so that I can get some work done?

My personal life always seems to go pear-shaped when it's nearing exam preparation time. And it affects my studying and ultimate performance.





How can I block out emotions and other personal crap, and just concentrate on studying?





Anybody have a technique they use?How can I control my emotions exam study time, so that I can get some work done?
You know, yoga really does help.





But let's be realistic. You probably haven't either the time or inclination to find a class now and get to grips with a new set of people.





Having said that, deep breathing (simple though it sounds), really does work. Look it up online - find techniques (such as breathing in for a long time through your nose and breathing out through your mouth).





Also, go treat yourself to a couple of new CDs - but relaxing ones. I'm not talking whale music, I'm just talking something nice and relaxing that isn't going to cloud your brain and interfere with your study, but will create background noise and atmosphere that should assist you with your revision. (I favour Natalie Merchant's Ophelia album and Squeeze's greatest hits saw me through most of my university exams!)





Also, exercise. Getting exercise will get your blood flowing. You don't need to do much. Believe me I'm no gym bunny. I need someone else to push me in there. But a good half-hour walk (or half an hour vigorous walking on the treadmill) really helps to clear my brain.





Finally, first thing you should do is make a proper revision timetable. If you do, you will remove some of the anxiety about your exams. I suspect that you are subconsciously very anxious about your exams, and you deflect this anxiety by concentrating on other issues (personal problems) as it is an avoidance technique that lets you avoid confronting the real issue.





Hope that helps! xxHow can I control my emotions exam study time, so that I can get some work done?
Study yoga. The breathing exercises it teaches you makes you learn how to control your mind and body. It will help you with everything you do.
focus completely on the work let no other thoughts enter your mind


it will help you things will get better so don't worry take care
vicodin

No comments:

Post a Comment