Friday, February 12, 2010

How can I control my breathing while singing?

I have never had any lessons or anything like that, all I do is practice exercises I find on the net so please forgive me if I sound stupid.


Okay so when I sing, I take a breath here and there and on playback ( recording it) its like im breathing into the mic.


professionals and others who arent always seem to take short, small breaths. How can I as well?


Also, can anyone reccomend quiet, effective vocal excerises?


I like to with excersises in my room at night when everyone is asleep (super shy) or when my mom is asleep in her room, you know?


Thanks.How can I control my breathing while singing?
The key is to learn how to control your breathing before you try to control it while singing.





My favourites are breathing in for 5 seconds, holding for 5 seconds then letting out over 5 seconds, then extending the time to 8 seconds, then 10 ... and so on! This stregnthens your control over the projection of notes, the legnth of notes and the stregnth of notes.





Then theres control where the breath comes from, the natural way of breathing is when we breath in the chest goes out, and when we let the breath go your chest deflates, try breathing pushing the chest in and the diaphram out, and letting the breath out by pushing in the diaphram and out of the chest. This stregnthens the muscles in both your diaphram and chest so you can control the silence and power of the breath.





Then theres taking a slow breath in and releasing it by pushing it out form the diaphram in sharp short blast, you can start making loud breathing sounds, and making them quieter and quieter, this trains your ear to know the loudness of the breath, making it hardly audible on recordings and in microphones.





Then you can start bringing singing, sing something simple like do ray me, or a nursery rhyme really slowly, constantly listening to your breathing, more than the tune, or the words, and start to pin point, where your breathing loudly, or where your not giving yourself enough breath to finish the sentence and work on that part, singing the rhyme quicker and quicker until it is at normal speed, and hopefully you'll be happy with how your breathing sounds.





These are just bits I've picked up over the last few years off a number of different musical directors, they worked for me, give them a go ... worth a try eh? lol Good luck chick!How can I control my breathing while singing?
you need to make sure your breath with your diaprgham as well as your lungs and make sure you are breathing at the right moment in your songs that can make a huge difference and practice just by breathing in and out slowly with big breathes and then sing long notes each time
Practice Pranayama Yoga. It focuses on controlling your breathing. Also, its really relaxing.
  • hair cut styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment