Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I control the flea problem I have without using more chemicals?

I have a 14 week Basset Hound and have already applied the Frontline flea control but it is not working. The poor thing is still covered in fleas. I am afraid to apply any more chemicals. Does any one have any natural or organic remedies I can try to use on the dog and to treat her play yard? I live in east Texas and I guess that the heat and humidity are a perfect breeding ground for fleas and mosquitoes......Help.How can I control the flea problem I have without using more chemicals?
Fleas hate cedar. If you can afford a cedar fence or can trust her not to eat cedar chips I would put one up/sprinkle some down. The frontline should definitely be working but it doesn't really repel fleas- it kills them after they bite her so your yard may be the thing infested and the poor girl just can't keep them off her. You're probably going to have to treat your yard with chemicals but at least it's not your pup.


Definitely do not put any more chemicals on your dog until the frontline has expired.


Good luck!How can I control the flea problem I have without using more chemicals?
First, keep the grass short and water often as it drowns the larva. Next, treat the dog's sleeping area with a product called Roach Proof. It's Boric Acid and will not harm the dog but kills fleas and other bugs nicely. Last, wash the dog weekly in a good shampoo with flea killer in it. Only do this until the problem is under control as it will dry the dog's skin if done too often.
You may need to try Advantix, Comfortis or Revolution.





These medications are stronger than Frontline and they also protect you against misquotes...If you live in a Southern State





Misquotes are a major pest and your dog has to have some kind of protection in order to keep them from getting heartworms.
Along with medicating your dog for fleas, you need to have a professional exterminator come out and spray your entire house and yard on a monthly basis.
  • hair cut styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment