Friday, February 12, 2010

How do you control your labrador retriever while your walks?

Im ten and i want to know how to control your labrador while your on walks. What if im not strong enough to handle the labrador? Im asking this because i might help my mom's friend walk her labrador. What if he's pulling to hard and leading us to trouble? Thanks!How do you control your labrador retriever while your walks?
3 points to consider.





1. Never use a choker. It hurts the dog even when the dog is doing good behaviour. Train your dog as well.


2. Use a harness, its more gripping and powerful.


3. Btw, I'm 11. I have a labrador too! I love labs!





P.S. This may sound silly, but whenever my dog is running too fast I stop myself and grab onto a pole because I'm scared I'll fall over. lol!How do you control your labrador retriever while your walks?
I think the Gentle Leader is a great way to train dogs to walk easily, with adults or with children. It's a head collar that requires some training to work correctly (for both the human and the dog) but it makes the wildest, craziest dogs walkable with just one hand or a few fingers.
1) Obedience training. The dog has to learn who is in charge.





2) There are harnesses that help stop dogs from pulling. They attach either at their muzzle, or at their chest.


The Easy Walk Dog Harness is one example. http://www.premier.com/View.aspx?page=do鈥?/a>
If he pulls, get a Halti collar, pulling only gets him turning in circles that way.





You can google it -


http://www.doglogic.com/halter.htm
Use a pinch/choke/check collar.
cesar millan is here to rescue you!

No comments:

Post a Comment