Friday, February 12, 2010

How do you control your reaction to climactic moments?

Whenever I am about to hear the results of a very important decision, or about to do something extremely important, my body goes berserk. My heart starts pounding frantically, my body quivers and I almost immediately experience the onset of diarrhea. Obviously this indicates extreme anxiety, even though I am a fairly optimistic individual. Yet I have these major attacks and I need to stop them. How?How do you control your reaction to climactic moments?
It could be simply an anxiety disorder, to be perfectly honest. The only way to control something that severe would be to get treatment. Then, during treatment, you will work through the issues that are causing you to panic so badly. A cognitive psychologist would be very helpful to you. (And no, you don't necessarily need medication. I worked through my anxiety disorder without it. =])





Aside from that, it can help to get your mind off of the decision, even a little bit. You are already riveted, so distracting yourself a little won't do harm. Take one of those squeezy balls that you can find sometimes, or some silly putty, and play with it. Concentrate on making pretty patterns in the putty, or seeing how much you can squeeze the ball. Count your heartbeats, take a deep breath, concentrate on letting it out as slowly as you can stand to.





Sorry if that's not much help. You sound like you have a very severe case of an anxiety disorder. I really would recommend seeing a cognitive psychologist if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment